Bear Valley Winter Explosion 2018
When the lifts stop turning, Winter Explosion festivities begin!
Fireworks, Torchlight Parade, and Family Fun
Join us for MLK (Martin Luther King) Holiday weekend for a great getaway and fun on the slopes. On Saturday, January 13th there is a full day of family fun planned at the mountain and in Bear Valley Village! Activities include the talented Megan Slankard on the sundeck beginning at noon. After the lifts stop turning enjoy special dinner, movie, torchlight parade, a spectacular fireworks show, and kids activities.
After enjoying a day on the slopes stick around for more winter fun, you will be glad you stayed, it is always a night to remember!
Schedule of Events Saturday, January 13th:
- 10:00 AM – 5:00 PM: Tubing hill open – $10 available in the Guest Services/Season Pass office.
- 1:00 PM: Sign-Ups begin for Torch Light Parade until sold out in the Guest Services / Season Pass office.
- 4:00 PM: Torch Light participants – time to pick up special lift ticket at the Sunroom Kiosk – your name will be on a list. NOTE: No Shows will be removed at 5pm and tickets issued to new participants.
- 4:00 PM – 5:00 PM: Activities for the kids in the Sun Room!
- Pine Cone Decorating – Arts and crafts time! Decorate a pine cone!
- Children’s Face Painting
- 4:45 PM: Movie time! Watch a special showing of Horton Hear’s a Who in the Sun Room!
- 5:00 PM: Dinner Service in Ebbetts Grill begins. Adults – $16; Children – $11. See the link below for the menu!
- 5:45-6pm – Chairload for Parade participants (don’t miss the last chair!)
- 6:15 PM: Torch Light Parade Begins – get ready for fireworks
- 6:30 PM: Fireworks are immediately following the parade
Times are approximate. Times and activities are subject to change.